Ovation Artist Group is a growing department within a 34 year-old, leading Nashville-based booking agency. Ovation Artist Group is focused on placing our roster of nationally known recording artists into performance opportunities such as clubs, theaters, performing arts centers, casinos, colleges, symphonies and more. The assistant's job is all about aiding and assisting our talent agents to facilitate booking concert dates for our artist roster.
- Handle information flow to and from buyers - includes offer and contract details, data entry, and various detail work.
- Open, sort, and distribute Ovation Artist Group correspondence including email, faxes, and snail mail.
- Answer and route incoming agency telephone calls to the appropriate agent(s).
- Read and analyze submissions, letters, agendas, memos and determine significance; route to appropriate personnel in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develop new buyer leads through research on the internet including "cold calls" on the phones and via email to help solicit dates.
- Facilitate organization by creating weekly team meeting agendas and taking notes during meetings and conference calls.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Demonstrates ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Strong CRM skill, sales desire, self-motivation, self-organization, and attention to support and detail oversight. The right person will take seriously and understand that the artist is dependant on the agency to keep their calendar full.
- Minimum 1-3 years of music industry or sales assistant experience preferred
- B.A. or B.S. in business or related field preferred but not required
- Capable of exceptional interpersonal skills with a customer-centric orientation
- Works as a team player when needed but capable of working as a self-starter
- Driven to achieve goals both personally and professionally
- A 401-K retirement plan is available to all employees after one year
- Given the highly competitive nature of the business, a standard non-compete is required upon hire
- Position will be based in the greater Nashville, TN area
- Occasional travel may be required
- Occasional night/weekend hours are required in addition to normal office hours
Ovation Artist Group is affiliated with Jeff Roberts & Associates, a leading contemporary, Christian music booking agency. The organization is a faith-based Company with both servanthood and integrity as foundational pillars for both internal and external customers.
Qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.