Ovation Artist Group is a growing department within a 34 year-old, leading Nashville-based booking agency. The Company is seeking a candidate to fulfill the role of Booking Agent. The ideal candidate’s proven track record will include successful lead generation, new market development activities, and high client satisfaction.
- Book musical and performance artists into various live performance venues from the roster of OAG.
- Responsible for a territorial focus on PACS, symphonies, colleges, city festivals, clubs, listening rooms, churches, promoters and other venues
- Collect fees, commissions, or other payments according to contract terms
- Confer with clients to develop strategies for their careers, and to explain actions taken on their behalf
- Achieve a call volume of no less than 40 contact touches per day
- Develop contacts with individuals and organizations, and apply effective strategies and techniques to ensure their clients' success
- Schedule promotional or performance engagements for clients
- Negotiate with managers, promoters, and other persons regarding clients' contractual rights and obligations
- Keep informed of industry trends and deals
- Conduct auditions or interviews to evaluate potential clients
- Arrange meetings concerning issues involving their clients
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar field or sales background preferred
- B.A. or B.S. in business or related field preferred but not required
- Keeps a positive attitude in all business dealings
- Capable of exceptional interpersonal skills with a customer-centric orientation
- Works as a team player when needed but capable of working as a self-starter
- Driven to achieve goals both personally and professionally
- Position reports to President/CEO
- A 401-K retirement plan is available to all employees after one year
- Given the highly competitive nature of the business, a standard non-compete is required upon hire
- Position will be based in the greater Nashville, TN area
- Travel required
- Occasional night/weekend hours are required in addition to normal office hours
Ovation Artist Group is affiliated with Jeff Roberts & Associates, a leading contemporary, Christian music booking agency. The organization is a faith-based Company with both servanthood and integrity as foundational pillars for both internal and external customers.
Qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.